How Does Cerakote Profect Your Gun?
Cerakote is a type of durable coating especially made for firearms and firearm accessories. This ceramic-based coating can be applied to firearms protecting them from wear and tear. It also gives your gun a unique look that can set it apart from other firearms. Cerakote is available in a variety of colors, so you can find the perfect one to match your style. In addition, Cerakote is resistant to scratches and corrosion, making it a great option for firearms that will be used in harsh environments.
How To Apply Cerakote to Your Guns?
Applying Cerakote to your gun at home is simple and easy. To cerakote your gun, you will need the following supplies:
-Cerakote firearm coating
-Airbrush or spray gun
Once you have gathered all of the supplies, follow these steps:
The first step is to completely disassemble the gun. This includes removing the barrel, bolt carrier group, and all small parts. The next step is to clean all the pieces with a degreaser. Make sure to get any oils or dirt off of the parts.
Next, the gun is sandblasted for a clean, even surface. It will help the cerakote adhere better.
The next step is to apply a coat of ceramic bonding agent. This can be applied with a brush or sprayer. It is important to make sure that the parts are completely covered. The bonding agent will help the Cerakote adhere to the surface.
After the bonding agent has dried, it is time to start spraying on the Cerakote. Be sure to use a respirator and wear gloves while doing this. Start by spraying a light coat of Cerakote to all the parts. It is then cured at a high temperature. After, it is cured and inspected.
Cerakote is a clear choice when shopping for firearms protection. Try it yourself and see why it has been a top choice for gun owners over nearly five decades.
What Does Cerakote Gun Coating do?
There are several different gun coatings on the market, but Cerakote is one of the best options available for firearms protection. Here are some of the reasons why Cerakote is superior to other gun coatings:
- Cerakote is extremely durable and resistant to scratches and wear.
- It is available in a variety of colors, so you can find the perfect one to match your style. From neon colors to classic gun finishes, you will find one that perfectly matches your desired tone. There are more than 100 to choose from!
- It is resistant to corrosion, making it a great option for firearms that will be used in harsh environments. Also, it is a good idea to coat your gun if you take it hunting or camping with you. Having an extra layer on the outside protects the structural integrity of the gun.
- Cerakote is easy to apply and dries quickly. You don't have to worry about it peeling or flaking off over time. A Cerakote finish should last for several years if it is applied correctly. Be sure to follow all of the application instructions and allow the proper amount of time for each coat to dry.
- It increases the value of your firearm. If you ever decide to sell your gun, having a Cerakote finish on it will increase its value. A Cerakote finish is a sign of quality and durability. It is not a finish that can be replicated easily, so it shows that the owner takes care of their firearms and wants the best for them. When you sell a gun with a Cerakote finish, you are telling the buyer that they are getting a quality product.
- Cerakote is easy to apply and can be done at home with simple supplies. Cerakote usually takes 24 hours to dry completely, so you should allow for at least that much time between each coat. If you are applying a third coat of primer, be sure to allow an additional 24 hours for drying time. Remember to follow all of the application instructions and allow the proper amount of time for each coat to dry
- It provides a high level of protection against rust and corrosion. It provides a durable, physical barrier from the elements.
- Cerakote does not flake or chip, making it a long-lasting option for gun coating.
What is Cerakote Made Out Of?
Cerakote is a ceramic-based coating that is made out of two components: resin and hardener. These components are mixed together to create the Cerakote coating. The Cerakote coating is then applied to the firearm.
How does Cerakote work?
Cerakote is a polymer-ceramic coating that can be applied to metals, plastics, and other substrates. It is formulated to provide a high level of protection against abrasion, corrosion, and chemical attack. Cerakote also has excellent heat and UV resistance, making it an ideal coating for firearms and other outdoor applications.
History of Cerakote
Cerakote was developed in 1984 to provide a better option for firearms coatings than the traditional finishes that were available at the time. Cerakote quickly became popular among gun enthusiasts and law enforcement agencies because of its durability and resistance to scratches and corrosion. Today, Cerakote is one of the most popular firearm coatings on the market.
What Are the Benefits of Using Cerakote?
Improving the wear and tear over time
When using your gun, wear and tear is part of the territory. With a protective ceramic barrier like Cerakote, it mitigates and minimizes the overall effect of that. Sure, your gun will still show use, but with a Cerakote finish applied, it'll endure much more than before.
Match colors or camo patterns
A big part of Concealed Carry is owning a pistol that disappears into your clothing and daily surroundings. A pistol with Cerakote applied in a complimentary color not only looks great but also helps it "blend-in" better as part of your EDC ensemble. Alternatively, you can go with a camo pattern to really make it disappear on the range or in the wild.
Protection against harsh elements
Another reason firearms see a lot of wear and tear is from the environment. Whether it's too much sun, too much rain or even just too much dust; firearms take a beating. Cerakote helps to alleviate all that and gives your firearms that extra layer of protection against all the things nature can throw at it.
The natural environment can be tough on your firearms. Sun can cause them to fade and crack over time. Rain can cause rust and make the metal parts of your gun brittle. Dust can get into all the nooks and crannies and cause problems with the internal workings of your firearm. Cerakote helps to protect your gun from all of these things.
Resistance to chemicals
From cleaning solvents to gun oils, there are a lot of chemicals that come in contact with firearms. With a Cerakote finish, your firearm will be more resistant to all those nasty chemicals and maintain its look and performance for longer.
Why does it increase resistance to chemicals?
The Cerakote finish is a ceramic-based coating. As such, it's not porous and doesn't absorb liquids and chemicals like other finishes do. This means that the finish is less likely to be damaged or discolored over time from contact with cleaning solvents or oils.
One of the biggest enemies of any firearm is abrasion. With a Cerakote finish, your firearms will have an added layer of resistance to scratches and other types of abrasion. This means that it'll stay looking good for much longer, no matter how much it's used.
Gun abrasion is the number-one killer of firearms finishes. With a Cerakote finish, your firearm will be protected against that and will look good for a lot longer.
Firearms can be hot, especially after extended use. With a Cerakote finish, your firearm will be less prone to thermal distortion. In other words, the finish is less likely to warp or change shape after prolonged exposure to high temperatures.
A big part of Concealed Carry is minimizing your profile and making yourself less visible. A pistol with a Cerakote finish applied is much less likely to reflect light and give away your position in low-light situations.
Ease of Maintenance
Cerakote is a ceramic-based finish, meaning that it's not as susceptible to scratches and wear as other finishes are. This makes it much easier to clean and maintain over time.
It increases the value of your firearm
When you sell a gun with a Cerakote finish, it increases the value of the firearm. This is because a Cerakote finish is a sign of quality and durability, and signifies that the owner took care of their firearm.
Improving strength and durability
Cerakote isn't just a cosmetic finish. It also improves the strength and durability of the underlying firearm. This means that your firearm will last longer, regardless of how much abuse it takes.
The benefits of Cerakote are clear for gun protection. If you're looking for a way to improve the wear and tear over time, match colors or camo patterns, protection against harsh elements, resistance to chemicals, abrasion resistance, thermal stability, non-reflective properties or ease of maintenance, Cerakote is the answer. Apply it to your firearms and enjoy the benefits for years to come.